VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2010

From:
Brenta Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:01:00 -0500
I am doing research on the George Glascock, Sr. family of Westmoreland
County VA. He died in May of 1847, but I do not know the year or place of
his birth, although probably Virginia. At the time of his death he was
married to a woman whose first name was Margaret and whose middle name may
begin with C. I do not know her maiden name nor the year they were married.
George Glascock Sr had two children: George Glascock Jr and Margaret both
born about 1802, perhaps twins, but maybe not. George Jr. married Mary Jane
McCance of Richmond in 1830 and by 1840 they had moved to Warren County TN.
I am looking particularly for George Sr's will and some record of his
marriage. I have been reviewing a number of microfilm reels from the Library
of Virginia and found personal property tax records, but no  will and no
marriage record. If anyone has any knowledge of this family I would
appreciate your contacting me.

Brenta Glascock Davis
Brentwood, TN