VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2003

From:
westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 14:57:00 -0400
Paul,

I would suggest one of the larger university libraries since they often have
larger numbers of people (read: grad students) available to work on such a
project.  Harvard or the Eisenhower Library at Johns Hopkins come to mind.
Or the University of Maryland, College Park which offers a masters in
library and related sciences --- I have a friend who is currently a graduate
assistant in their library preservation department.  UMCP might be a viable
alternative since part of the research is MD related.

For Southside Virginia related research I would highly recommend Jones
Memorial Library in Lynchburg.  Their whole focus is genealogy and I have
always found them very helpful and user friendly.

Kathy Liston