VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2008

From:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:54:34 -0500
Our newest free sample is the 1784 New Kent Personal Property Tax List. You
can access these new free samples at:

http://www.binnsgenealogy.com/FreeSample/FreeSampleIndex.htm

Our ancestors come from this county. New Kent is very difficult to research
because so few records exist from before the Civil War. That's why the tax
lists are so valuable. However the microfilms for the Personal Property tax
lists are very bad. Many images have blackened edges. This makes many
letters and names unreadable.

There are 25 images. All the images total about 26 mbs. Have fun.

Steve and Bunny

Binns Genealogy CD Series
Scanned Microfilm Images on CD
http://www.BinnsGenealogy.com/