VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2004

From:
Ann Fellows <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Fellows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:27:22 -0500
I have a question about results when I search the Archives at the Library
of Virginia.  I entered "James Boston" as the search criteria.  I got back
26 items.  Browsing through the contents of several of the items, i.e.,
manuscripts, I was unable to find anything about James Boston.  May I
assume that somewhere in each of these manuscripts are the words "James
Boston" and that if I read each manuscript in its entirety, then I would
find "James Boston"?

May I add that I have enjoyed immensely reading the messages that I get
from this discussion group.  Very educational.

While I am asking questions, may I ask this one.  I am apparently an
ancestor of Reuben Boston (and Sarah Hawkins).  The line goes through his
son, James.  Again, apparently.  They lived in Orange County, Virginia.  I
am looking for birth verification of James (born about 1775) as a son of
Reuben.  I may be able to find this information with the Historical
Society there but this is a 400 mile each way trip.  Birth records are not
on line.  Any suggestions?

Again, thank you.