VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2010

From:
"Pat C. Johns" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:12:23 EDT
According to the Bedford County Marriage Records, Jeremiah Meador, Jr.
married Nancy Armstrong, 25 Sept 1820.

Pat Johns in Va.

In a message dated 7/28/2010 10:43:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I'm new  so there may have been an earlier post over the years.  As I have
seen and observed by others there are many submitted errors on
Ancestory.com so I have been double checking sources but have come to a
block.

I am trying to find the first wife of Jeremiah Meador  b. abt 1746 - abt
1815 in
Bedford, VA.  There are others by the same  name (of course) so I am only
interested in this Jeremiah Meador.  I  believe he married Caroline ???
1766 in
Amherst.  While many trees  give his wife as Elizabeth, who is mentioned in
his
will.  I believe  she was his last wife and they married only three years
prior to
his death  - so not the mother of Mary Meador, one of his children, and my
ancestor.

I'm looking for advice of where to search.   Does it make sense to collect
all
the surnames in Bedford at the time to  see how many have daughters named
Caroline?  Or is that far too much  to expect?  And how would I even do
that
with no census?

I would appreciate any help with her identifcation or where to  search.

To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the  instructions
at