VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2010

From:
Randall Crenshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:59:17 -0400
Rev. Massey's book Colonial Churches of Virginia says this about
Westover Parish:
	Originally Charles City County contained two parishes - Westover
(upper) and Weyanoke (lower) Parishes. Each of these was divided by
the James River into two parts, a northern and southern. In 1720 the
northern parts of Westover & Weyanoke Parishes, together with part of
another parish called Wallingford (which extended to the Chickahominy
River) were all united into one parish. It retained the name Westover.

I hope this helps.
Randy