VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

From:
jhwatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jhwatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:56:03 -0500
Well, I'll jump in on this.  We have lived in Texas (usually referred to as
"the state of Texas)  for 25 years (this time) and I must say I agree with
Sarah.  Virginia and Maryland are some of the prettiest places/states you
would ever want to see.  (We have visited MOST of the states throughout the
country.)

Texas is BIG.  Pretty, it isn't! (Sorry, Hugh.) It is one of the few states
you can drive for hundreds of miles and still not get anywhere.  But it has
lots of characteristics we like very much, so we stay here.

Texas IS sort of a country within a country.  There is more of a feeling of
being part of a state here than in any state I know.  Within its borders is
about anything you can want or think of!

(No flames, just opinions--everyone can have one.)

Joy Watkins
Arlington,  TX  (near Ft. Worth, where the west begins)