VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

From:
Bob Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:56:57 -0700
Tim and Sharon,

I have been following you post and I have these two question.

1.  Tim - Have you linked to John Hickman of Fauquier Co.?  If you do I am
interested in see what you have back.  I have this in my notes:

Fauquier Court - Oct 23 1780 - An Indenture of assignment between William
Hill of the one part and John Hickman of the other part was proved to be
the act and deed of the said William Hill by the oaths of Hezekiah Turner
(note above) and John Ashby Wit. -    John Hickman was indentured again to
Wm Hill on 3/23/1784

***Another link of familes Wm Hill, Hezekiah Turner, and John Hickman ----
this is a 1747 will of  Richard Flynt  who talks about Jno Hickman and
land that he got from Wm and Ann Hill!

I give and devise unto Jno. Hickman when he shall attain the age of one
and twenty 2 cows between 4 and 5 years old; 2 young sows, my little gun,
3pewter dishes, 1 iron pott about 4 or 5 galls and if the sd Jno. Hickman
shall die before he comes to that age then I give the same to Wm. Hickman
when he attains the age of one and twenty and if he dye before he comes to
that age I give the same to my son Thos. forever.
Item: I give and devise all that my tract of land containing 150 acres
situated lying and being in the County of Richmond which I purchased of
Wm. Hill and Ann his wife unto Xpofer Dawson and Mary his wife for their
heirs and the life of the longest heir of them and after their deceases to
the heirs of the bodies of the said Xpofer and Mary begotten between and
for default of such issue to the 8 heirs of the sd Mary Dawson forever.

2.  Sharon - My Grandmother 7 generations back is Jane Shaver b. abt 1753
Shenandoah.  Her father was Jacob.  Are you linked to this Shaver?

Both of you can see my spicific database at Rootsweb by using file name:

 bobhill148

Please let me know if there is a connection

Bob Hill
Licking Co OH