VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2006

From:
"D. Briggs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D. Briggs
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:03:11 -0400
I doubled checked the 1880 census for Campbell County and I am not sure this
is the Etta you are looking for. I recognize the family as distant cousins
of my family.  Etta Berkley was Sarah Etta Catherine Berkley daughter of
William Woodson Berkley and Samantha Carolyn Holt.  Etta married Thomas
Henry Adams on March 29, 1899 in Charlotte County, VA.  They had 3 children:
 Ruth Adams, Raymond Houston "Jake" Adams, and Janie Carolyn Adams.  Thomas
Henry Adams died in 1937 and Etta died on October 23, 1954.  She was buried
in Charlotte County, VA at Bethel Baptist Church Cemetary. Woodson and
Berkley are a very common surnames and given names in the Charlotte/Campbell
County/Lynchburg/Bedford County area. Good Luck.