VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:54:07 -0600
Hello,

I wish everyone would post what information they have on early VA
Fergusons.  That might give those of us who don't have a clue some
information to get started on.

I'm trying to figure out who the Fergusons were in early Albemarle Co.,
VA.  There were two Daniels.  Can someone help me figure out which is which?

I have an inventory, Will Book 2, Page 387, from Albemarle County, VA,
for the Estate of Daniel FARGUSON, and it starts off, "We the
subscribers being first sworn agreeable to an order of Albemarle Court
hath appraised the Estate of Daniel Farguson, deceased, which was shewn
to us November 24, 1779 as followeth."

The last part states, "Albemarle April Court 1780.  This Inventory and
appraisement was returned to court and ordered to be recorded."

Test:    Hudson Martin, D. Clerk"

I don't know who the appraisers were as the page ends there.  The second
page has nothing to do with the first page, which was page 387.  The
second page starts with John Ballard's will.

I have always wondered who this Daniel FErguson was.  I think my William
Ferguson was related to a Daniel Ferguson who married Elizabeth Thomas
1799 in Albemarle Co.

The other Daniel Ferguson married Nancy Eastin.  I don't know if he is
the same Daniel who married Elizabeth Thomas.

If anyone has any information on these Albemarle Fergusons, I'd
appreciate it so very much if you would share this knowledge.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Best wishes,
Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX