VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:45:35 -0400
As I understand it, "out of the goodness of their heart" Ancestry
offered to be the "server" for the Rootsweb.com website as it was
getting too big for the individuals who "owned" it to handle.
I believe part of the agreement was that Ancestry would "index"
part of the rootsweb project on their Global Site and it would
remain free to anyone accessing Ancestry.  The Rootsweb is
supposed to remain under the control of the rootsweb personnel.
But who knows what the future will be?
Ella in Michigan