VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Teresa Martin Klaiber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teresa Martin Klaiber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:46:24 -0500
Trivia - Thomas Jefferson invented a gizmo arm that is like todays tracing
machines - he could sign up to 6 copies by writing his name once.  There is
a picture of it in a bio I read on him some years ago - and some of the
early presidents also had carved stamps like our rubber stamps that could be
used by the secretary to sign the grants and warrants.

Teresa Martin Klaiber

dba Family Lineage Investigations

c/o Deliverance Farm

22937 Long Branch