VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

From:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:00:19 -0700
My great grandmother could never keep her kids' birthdays straight. She filed for delayed birth certificates for her three youngest while she was applying for a CW pension in the 1880s. Then, not getting the pension, she admitted them to an orphanage--and gave yet another set of birth dates. I've always just used the date my grandfather had on his SS and driver's license--also the date on his tombstone--but it is NOT the date (year and month off) on his official birth certificate!

Karen Dale