VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2008

From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 12:28:23 -0500
To all interested readers:

I assisted Dr Foster with the DNA test and we exchanged MANY e-mails and
phone calls and I refer to one here.

Dr Foster states to me on Nov. 14, 1998 (about two weeks after the first
release of the false headline in Nature Journal), "Naturally we (he and
wife, Jane, a first cousin, five generations removed from Thomas Jefferson),
are distressed that irresponsible people are misusing our findings to demean
Thomas Jefferson." "as I have said before, I was very disappointed in the
way NATURE handled the headline." "Despite the fact that I have strongly
emphasized in numerous interviews that the evidence IS FAR FROM CONCLUSIVE
and have talked at length about other possibilities, including the
involvement of Randolph and/ or one of his sons, the reporters continue to
jump to the conclusion that the President was the culprit." "Because you
have studied the situation, you are in a position to make your evidence on
the subject public."

There are many other interesting and revealing topics discussed that at some
future date I may be persuaded to release.

Herb Barger
Jefferson Family Historian