VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2013

Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:16:02 -0400
I'm really glad that you are allowing the general readership to help with OCR corrections. A lot of other sites would benefit from this as well.

Congratulations!
Looking forward to the collections-

Janice

Virginia Chronicle also offers patrons a text correcting option, a great new
feature that we're excited to have added to the database. By simply registering,
users can assist in correcting text that may have been missed or "misread" by
optical character recognition (OCR) software. OCR is impressive technology but
it's not perfect and through user participation, text correcting will improve
search results while making a very good database even better.