VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2002

Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:52:14 EST
I am looking for the marriage of a Richard FORD, my GGGG Grandfather, living
in Mason Co., VA (the part that became Putnam in 1847) from at least 1820
(Census data) to 1827 when he died intestate. He is connected to the Howell
LEWIS family of Mason Co. in some way. Richard was given 400 acres of land on
the Kanawha Co. River in 1826 from Howell LEWIS' Estate for $1 by Howell's
Children Robert, George, and his Daughter's spouces. Richard may have married
an Eliza LEWIS. An Eliza FORD married a Samuel SUMMERS of Kanawha Co. in
1828. The Richard FORD property was sold in pieces to Samuel from 1832 - 1842
by Richard's Children William, Marshall, Mary Ann, Emily and Alonzo. Census
data showed Samuel's HH in Kanawha in 1830 probably contained the Richard
FORD Children and Richard's widowed Wife. Richard lived near the Kanawha Co.,
VA border and on/near the Kanawha River.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Tim Spradling