VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2002

Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:44:41 EDT
Am searching for military information on a Robert Johnson, from Washington
County, VA, who married Harriet Elizabeth Gadd circa 1862 in Washington
County, VA. According to what I've been told, Robert Johnson fought for the
CSA &
died in battle. I am trying to verify his service.

Harriet Elizabeth Gadd was the d/o James Gadd and Rhoda Thornton & sister to
Sanford Pleasant Gadd & Andrew Powhatan Gadd, who were also Confederate Civil
War Vets.

Harriet Elizabeth Gadd & Robert Johnson had one son, Robert E. Lee Johnson
who was born 13 October 1863 in Washington County, VA & died 18 November
1830, also in Washington County, VA.

There are many Robert Johnsons listed on Confederate rosters and I am
ignorant as to which units contained those from Washington County. Was hoping
that someone might have some information on him. Maybe even a middle initial.

Thank you in advance for any information or guidance. I look forward to
hearing from you and to continuing this discussion.

Sincerely,

Mike Peters