VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

From:
Jean Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:51:20 -0500
My gg grandfather is James B. Akers.  What I am trying to find out is if
this James B. Akers is the same James B. Akers as the one listed as son of
John B. Akers and Nancy Jefferies.  This line has been researched
extensively and I think this is my line of descendion, but I haven't been
able to prove it.  It would be easy to just tack on to someone else's
research, but I want to make sure.  I have a male cousin who is an Akers.
If I could find a  male descendent of one of John and Nancy's other sons we
could possibly do a DNA test.  Does anyone know how much it costs to have
this done?