VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
Bill Woodard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Woodard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:24:49 -0500
I can agree with all the positive thinking and answers on this subject. I have complained on another list about the commercial aspects of a lister "selling" his research in book form and quoting prices, but Mr.Murray has done neither. All he said was that he would be in Richmond and had time to do research for any wanting him to do so.He quoted no prices and set no limits. In my opinion he renders valuable service to members of this list. I agree with Francis and the others.

Mr Tarter, "Please Tear Down That Wall" as President Reagan would ask.!

Bill Woodard

>Good morning to fellow LVA subscribers -
>        and, to Brent Tarter...
>
>This list was the first to which I subscribed - roughly seven years ago.  It has been an ongoing pleasure and source of information for me over the years.
>
>From the time when I first saw one of Frank Murray's postings until currently, I have always saved his most recent posting - knowing that one day I would most certainly want his services as a researcher.  I didn't want to lose his address!
>
>In the past month, I did contact Frank - and, he has provided me with creative and professional service.  He knows where to look, he is careful with his time, he is thorough and he is prompt.  Were I to travel from Florida to Richmond, I could not possibly accomplish what he can - nor in the time he does it - nor for the amount of cost which I have paid to Frank.
>
>For the immense benefit of the list members, I ask Mr. Tarter, please, to reinstate Mr. Murray's (and, other researchers', of course) privilege of periodically posting their concise offers of professional research work.
>
>The majority of the members are looking for their Virginia ancestors!
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Frances Wentz Taber
>Fernandina Beach, Florida
>
>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe please see the instructions at
>http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html

CAUTION: DON'T DRIVE FASTER THAN YOUR ANGEL CAN FLY !