VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2006

From:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:43:28 -0500
Hello All,

It's been quite awhile since I've worked on my 1790/1800 tax list website. But this year I retire and it's about time I got back into these tax lists. Hopefully I will be able to start scanning again and get more images online too. I am also starting a store for these and other old county records like complete tax lists, court books, etc. All are high resolution scans made directly from microfilms and put on CDs. Hopefully this will supplement my retirement income !!

I've finished the first cut at the remaining 1790 tax list indexes that I had not finished. I have finished and/or added:

Buckingham
Dinwiddie
Fairfax
Halifax
Mecklenburg

This adds approximately 8,000 more names. The indexes are active at each county webpage, and also in the NAME SEARCH engine. I have not yet updated the main 1790 index yet but that will happen this weekend.

The website can be found in my signature below. Have fun and Good Searching !!

Steve and Bunny
1790 / 1800 County Tax Lists of Virginia
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~ysbinns/vataxlists/index.htm