VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:36:57 EDT
I'm looking for my GGGG Grandfather Richard FORD's Wife that may have come
from, Prince William Co., VA and was probably a BROWN. Richard was b. ~ 1770 and
his Wife between 1775 - 1792. They were most likely married between 1800 -
1807 in Prince William, and then moved to Fauquier Co., VA where Richard was
from. Richard was the s/o Francis FORD and had a Brother James. All three were in
the PPT listings for Fauquier in 1799 & 1800.

In ~1819 Richard and his family moved to Mason Co., VA. Richard died
intestate there in 1828. The Children were Eliza, Emily, Mary, William, Alonzo (my GGG
Grandfather), Aldridge and Marshall. William, Marshall and Emily may have
been named after Fauquier/Prince William BROWNs.

There may have been a LEWIS connection too, as the Estate of Howell LEWIS of
Mason sold 200 acres on the Kanawha River in Mason Co. in 1826 for one dollar
to Richard. Howell owned a lot of land in Mason Co. he had inherited from his
Family in Spotsylvania Co.

Thank you, Tim Spradling