VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
nel hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
nel hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:13:31 -0500
Website: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/faq.htm
List Admin: Hatcher email list
Researching: Cook, Hall, Hatcher, Kuhns, Miller, Shepherd, Timberman
HATCHER DNA Project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatDNA.htm
"Genealogy Without Documentation is Nothing" - Paul Drake

Holly and all,

There are dozens of deeds and estate recs abstracted by Ben Weisiger
recording the relationship between William Hatcher and his sons, Edward,
Benjamin, and Henry. These records often used phrases....."my father, Wm
Hatcher" or "my brothers, Ben and (fill in the blank)". William was a member
of the House of Burgesses and involved in Bacon's Rebellion. His history is
very well recorded. There were no other stray Hatcher families in this
limited time frame and it is rather easy to identify the Hatchers involved
in these records. There are dozens of descendants who are members of the
Jamestown Soc/DAR, etc thru Wm and his sons.

Therefore, my statement........indisputable proof :-)

Nel