VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
Beverly Brunelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:24:40 EST
Hi, all!

I just discovered this list!

I need help in Pittsylvannia County, VA.  We have a brick wall with George
Roberts b. before 1715 and died about 1773 in Pittsylvannia.  His wife is
currently unknown....his children listed in the 1773 will were, Mary, Sarah,
John, George Jr, Alie, and Dorothy.  (the girls married Hamlin, Blair and
Coldwell or Caldwell)  George Jr. married Rhoda Payne, daughter of John
Payne.  After the father George's death, George Jr. and family relocated to
Hawkins County, Tennesse, and around 1810 to Louisiana.  Two of his sons
figure prominently in Texas Pioneer history.

The elder George's will was witnessed by Gabriel Richards, John C. Coldwell,
Mary M. Durrett.  George Jr.'s will was witnessed by a William Payne or
Paine.  Need to find how all these families relate as they keep referencing
each other.  Also need to find any clues that would lead to the discovery of
George Sr.'s parents.  (there is a family rumour that George and a brother
and they were raised by a relative - possibly by the name of Anderson -
anyone have a George they can't fit in????)

Supposedly, Rhoda Payne is mentioned in the genealogy of Gabriel Richards
family. (Cant' find anyone in this line - to be able to find out what is
mentioned!)

I am in Casper, Wyoming, so "visiting" the library in VA is out of the
question - anyone have ties to these lines?  Will share whatever I have.  Can
write me off list [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Beverly
Casper, WY

Researching the following lines: BIALI/BIALE, BORDELON, BREWER, BRUNELLE,
CARBO, EDMONDSON, ETHERIDGE, LABORDE, LANDRY, LEEBURG,  MASCARO,
NORMAND/LENORMAND, PONS, ROBERTS, ROTJER, SHOEMAKE, TALTAVULL,
TERRAL/TERRELL, WHATLEY ,WHITTINGTON,  LOWE, HYATT.