VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

From:
ELIZABETH RODERICK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ELIZABETH RODERICK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:29:06 -0500
Hi everyone.

I'm sorry if the message I sent out requesting assistance
was confusing - it is being sent to several listservs.

Basically what I am trying to find out is this:

What sort of "research trends" do you see in terms of family
history research?

Do you seen any changes in how research collections are being
used?  Are they being used in different ways than they might
have been 10 years ago?

Are there emerging issues in family history research that I
need to know about?

Are there types of collections that might be overlooked as
gold mines for your research?  For example, obvious sources
of information will give facts regarding vital statistics
information (when was someone born, when did they marry,
when did they die) - are there other sources that provide
you with information that you find useful (such as
diaries, letters, business ledgers, etc.)

Let me know if this isn't clear - this is basically the gist
of what I need help with.

Thanks!

Elizabeth