VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
"Mary E. Stewart" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary E. Stewart
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:38:16 -0500
An additional suggestion -- several years ago my local genealogical society
investigated the issue of giving one's records to a genealogical or
historical society and the universal response was that it is very important
also to provide the funds necessary for preservation, indexing and making
your records available to the public. Most, if not all, institutions operate
on very tight budgets and unless you provide the funds, your records are
likely to sit in a box collecting dust.

Mary
---
Mary E. Stewart