VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2012

Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:27:33 -0800
Hi Linda,

We have tried them all - we settled upon tools at GEDMatch.com as being the best-of-breed which provide chromosome-by-chromosome mapping of the genome so that we can find common fragments within each chromosome for genetic genealogical purposes.

The DNATribes.com stuff comes with an expert to assist in interpretation - his name is Lucas, readily answers all questions AND and he is generally regarded as a subject matter expert by his peers.

We can quibble over the finer details of one group over another...but we have fond 23andme.com, GEDMatch.com and DNATribes.com to provide the fastest, most coherent, and correct results for the money.

As a matter of disclosure, I have no financial entanglements with any of those companies.