VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2002

From:
Priestley Toulmin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:54:18 -0500
Dear Sue,
      I, too, have been looking for Robert Edwards whose daughter, "Miss
Edwards"  married Charles Bosher, as I am Charles B,s 4 greats
granddaughter.  The Boshers did come from King William County.  Charles was
an immigrant, arriving on or before 1746,  and was well-educated, as he
wrote a charming arithmetic book for the Wormley children, whose tutor he
was.  Years ago I happened to find the book in the Univ. of Va Rare Book
Library.  It is illustrated with his own drawings in color, and has many
clever rules for children to make arithmetic easier.  My  cousin, also a 4
greats granddaughter, had it conserved and mounted on a material so it
could be looked at, and a slip-case made for it.  You should go to see it
if you are ever in Charlottesville.
      But the Edwards I've had no luck finding, although there are several
in the general area of King William County.  The Boshers were Huguenots,
and were listed as one of the families of King William County.

Marty Toulmin