VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:18:39 -0600
Welcome from me, too, Kay!  I feel you will enjoy this list. There are among
us those who truly try to help each other out.  A lot of us have
become "friends" because we have hit dead ends and are researching the same
surnames, families, etc.  Please don't ever hesitate to ask for help.  No
question is ever thought of as stupid or whatever.  And another thing I
would say we do is try to share information when we can.  An example would
be, "Hey I just found this, maybe someone could use this...' kind of
thing...We all take this list seriously and at times a bit too
passionately....

As for the comments on the hat, well, I was in the middle of that in the
beginning and I was bitten by the powers that be.  All I can say is, when
something comes up like that again my advice to you would be to keep your
comments off of the "list" and take it private.  That way you will not get
in trouble.

Shirley Cox Schroeder
Richmond, VA native now living in Kansas (of all places...)