VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2004

Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 11:54:37 EDT
Peter Arundell arrived in Va. in 1821 and lived near Buck Row Va.  He died
there about 1624.  He is said to have been born in France.  He was a member of
the Virginia Company.  Could a French born person be a member of the Va. Co.?
Could a commoner be a member of the Va. Co.?  He has not been identified in so
far as I know as a gateway ancestor.  It would appear to me that as a member
of the Virginia Co. he should have those credentials. What do  you list members
say or know about Peter Arundel?

Jno