VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2004

From:
Kathleen Much <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Much <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:44:46 -0800
I enjoyed reading about the last Confederate widow. The articles
reminded me of attending the funeral of the last Confederate veteran
in Houston some 45 years ago. I don't remember the precise date, but
sometime about 1960 the man died in Houston at an age well over 100
years. Being directly descended from at least three Confederate
veterans, I thought it appropriate to commemorate the passing of the
last one. Hundreds of people turned out for the occasion.

I'm sure some of our list members will have the details at their
fingertips.

Kathleen Much