VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2006

Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:52:08 -0400
We have an HP color laser jet.   It prints text well.   The color photos
look good, too.

To print double sided, you need to print one side and then flip the stack
and print the other side.  Sometimes there's a glitch and the pages get
messed up (in the wrong order).  It's probably best to print one copy at
a time, and to print it in sections.

There aren't ink cartridges, there are 4 toner cartridges, that are
expensive (>$100 ea), and a drum that isn't available locally.  We've
done a lot of printing over the past 2 years including a number of photo
books, and we're on our second set of toner cartridges.  The specs can
tell you how many pages to expect to be able to print per toner
cartridge.

I think we paid $600 for the printer 2 years ago (model 1500?), which
included the first set of toner cartridges.  I think the price has
dropped.

Sue