VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2006

From:
Westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:18:43 -0500
I agree with Paul that the name probably referred to the original or long
time owners rather than a formal name on the order of "Stratford Hall" or
"Monticello."  That said, I have found that many plantations had names that
were used by the family and neighbors but never appear in any legal records.
One such is our 1832 home here in Charlotte County:  it has always been
known as Westview -- I have personal correspondence addressed here as
such -- yet that name never appears in any legal document or on any map.

Kathy