VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2003

From:
"J. Busic" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Busic
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:00:33 -0500
I, too, have an ancestor who was wounded and captured at Gettysburg.  He was
taken to David's Island, NY Harbor where he was hospitalized and later
traded in a prisoner exchange.  He served the remainder of the war in the
Invalid Corps.  I haven't been able to find a lot about the medical
treatment at this hospital.  There are supposed to be written records from
one of the medical staff.  Does anyone know where these might be found?

Janice