VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2012

From:
"Gayle M. Garrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:50:10 -0600
*_Seasons Greetings_*:
I have been trying to locate my great, great-grandfather, Harvey McCoy's
Birth place in Virginia, or possibly West Virginia now. I have come to a
dead end so many times in the past.
Birth date December 23, 1813. His children had some very unusual names,
I always thought that this might have come down their family line, but
no luck there either. My family have been trying to trace his birth for
over fifty years now, I have been trying over the last 30 years, along
with my cousins, aunts & uncles.

Any help, clues would be very much appreciated.

*_Children's Names:

Matthias McCoy

Jehu Hardy McCoy, my great granddad

John Riggs McCoy

Lewis C. McCoy

Melissa Ann "Sis" McCoy

Isaac Madison McCoy

Arstarkus McCoy

Lycurgus McCoy

_*Some of these names are not real common names.*_

_Any help would be very much appreciated._

Thank You:

 From our McCoy Family:

Gayle M. Garrett

_*