VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2002

From:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:59:58 -0400
I have an old photograph of my husband's great-grandmother and her two
sisters taken, according to information written on back of photo, in
November, 1917 at the old home place (a two story log home) at Manchester
Mills.
My husband's great-grandparents were married in Fairfax County, Virginia in
1888. Her residence is listed on Marriage record as being in Fairfax,
although she was not born in Fairfax, b. in Rappahanock County. I believe
they did live in Loudoun County as well. I tend to believe that Manchester
Mills was located in Fairfax, but can't find it on a map.
Would appreciated hearing from anyone who could answer my query.
Thanks for any and all replies,
Bev