VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2016

From:
Joe Neagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2016 23:54:45 -0500
Mary,

Here are some more references regarding your request for services to rebound and repair your family bible. I have personally had experience with Wendy Cowan. She treated and repaired a very delicate and deteriorating map in my possession that I believe to date around 1876. She seems to me to be very good at her work, and very fair. She even gave some brief advice regarding an item which she does not work on. Her business is Richmond Conservators of Works On Paper. Mary Studt also works with her.

Samantha Sheesley
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (804) 340-1530
Richmond, VA

Wendy Cowan
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (804) 222-7133
Richmond, VA

Mary Studt
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (804) 222-7133
Richmond, VA

Pamela Young
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (757) 565-8761
Williamsburg, VA

Susan Buck
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (757) 220-0170
Williamsburg, VA

You might try this website to search for others closer to your area.

http://www.conservation-us.org/membership/find-a-conservator#.U8kpdZQ7u-0

Joe Neagle.