VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:43:51 -0600
In defense of Fern, her remark was not racist at all.  I won't allow my
grandson to wear his baseball hat backwards - it looks stupid so I cannot
find where that comment would be racist.  In my opinion, her comment
regarding President Elect Obama was mainly on his stand on the economy.  A
lot of persons are wary of how our economy will be going once he takes
office.  One forgets we ARE in a RECESSION and businesses are going
bankrupt.

Fern is a valuable contributor to this list and she, just like I could not
believe the Library of Virginia couldn't afford the volume in question.  She
commented on it.  NOW LEAVE HER ALONE.

Shirley Cox Schroeder
Ellsworth County, Kansas