VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
Mickey Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mickey Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:49:11 -0400
No, genealogy is not obsolete and never will be.  Those of us sat on cement
floors in courthouse sub-basements and hand-copied documents (before the
photocopier was invented) by the light of the 20 watt bulb dangling from the
15 foot ceiling  are still here.

Most of us typed, transcribed, posted and otherwise shared our research
findings and copies of our work.  We just got tired of handing several
generations to some new enthusiast who never even bothers to send a word of
thanks, then posts our findings on RootsWeb or Ancestry as their own work.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

And as to losing volunteers, how many of you who are complaining have
voluteered a precious minute of your time???

I will get off my soap box now - just had all I could stomach.