VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2004

From:
jhwatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jhwatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:42:38 -0500
To: Paul Drake
 Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 10:30 AM
 Subject: Re: Allen Co. Public Library (ACPL)

Paul an all researchers,

I will second that.  Planned to stay there a day and remained about 2  1/2!
 And could have stayed longer!  Super library,  helpful librarians, easy to
use, make your own copies.  Curt Witcher who manages it is an absolute pro
and so knowledgeable.

Joy Watkins
Arlington,  TX

At 10:19 AM 7/31/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I have often been asked about quality libraries in the middle of the
country.  I very much recommend the Allen County Public Library at Ft.
Wayne, Indiana.  It is HUGE, and the genealogical collection is said to be
second only to Mormon Library at Salt Lake City, and even bigger than the
Library of the City of New York.  It is easy to reach from anywhere via
Interstates, and the folks there are dedicated to helping you and as
friendly as they are helpful.  Better take a look if you live north of St.
Louis, east of KA, and west of Pittsburg; it's collection is
MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!  Paul