VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

From:
Ginger Jett Woycik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginger Jett Woycik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:01:42 -0500
While doing genealogy research on my Jett family tree, I discovered my gggg-
grandfather, Jessee Jett (1776-1860 who m. Nancy Anne Chandler1778-1850
in 1804) was in Curtis Waller's 16th Regiment Virginia Militia which I have been
told may have enrolled men from Spotsylvania, Stafford and Caroline
Counties.  My question is:  Does any know when this regiment was formed and
what their time frame for participation in the War of 1812 was?  I  have his
childrens information and it would be nice to have his war information units'
info.  I do know he was a Private.  Still trying to locate his burial place as I am
trying to fill in an application to join the United Daughters for the Society for
the War of 1812.  History is a passion of mine and that is what this group of
ladies promotes.  Would very much appreciate any info on the formation and
timeframe of Curtis Waller's 16th Virginia Militia during the War of 1812 from
the Spotsylvanina, Stafford & Caroline Counties area, if anyone has any.
Thanks.

Ginger Jett Woycik
Rapidan, Orange County Area

P. S.  I have a Col. Lawrence Taliaferro 1734-1794 family cemetery on our
family farm if anyone needs Taliaferro - "Rose Hill, Rapidan, VA" info!