VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2009

From:
Deborah Byrd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:26:25 -0400
I have questions about a couple of Williams families in 1600's Isle of
Wight.  Is anyone research these families?  I think that I may have found a
connection which links two men into one person.  One John Williams is the
grandson of George Moore and Jane Barecroft and I have a John Williams will
dated 1733/34 who is the husband of Margaret Penny.  I believe these two men
may be the same person.

Records indicate that the Penny family was close to the Clarke, Moore and
Piland family, so a marriage with the Williams who were from the Moore
Barecroft would not be unusual.  These is a Moore will naming John Williams
dated 1714.  Then the 20 year gap to his will again not unexpected but
nothing definitive to say it is this John Williams.  Was there another John
Williams in Isle of Wight at this time?

Deborah Byrd