VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2012

From:
Gale Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:11:37 -0500
There are two Colonial Dames societies that I know of. One is Colonial Dames
XVII Century and the other is Colonial Dames of America. The first requires
one to prove to someone of legal age with "service" prior to 1701. I think
the second one takes much younger ancestors. That is why I love the one I am
in. I love proving back to the earliest people. I have done 7 supplementals
since Jan on new people!  My ancestors who have never been proven before.
Google either of these organizations and you will find the qualifications
for membership. Both would be by invitation.
Gale