VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2010

From:
Kathleen Much <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:06:58 -0700
I'm not sure this is the same Griffin family, but I have this:
_The Registers of North Farnham Parish 1663-1814 and Lunenburg Parish
1783-1800, Richmond County, VA_, compiled and published by George
Harrison Sanford King (Fredericksburg, VA, 1966), p. 73:  "B. GRIFFIN,
WILLIAM son of LeRoy and Mary Ann Griffin, 29 January 1742."
"B. GRIFFIN, SAMUEL son of LeRoy and Mary Ann Griffin, 20 April 1746."

According to Ruth and Sam Sparacio, Sam was living in James City Co in
1779. I don't know what happened to him later. I'd be interested to
know if anyone can connect the Halifax bunch to the NN ones.

Sam Sparacio <[log in to unmask]> post to VA-ROOTS 29 Jan 1998:
"Richmond County Deed Book 1772-1779, pp. 536-538. This Indenture made
the 28th day of June 1779 and in the fourth year of the Commonwealth
of Virginia, between WILLIAM GRIFFIN and SUSANNAH his Wife of County
of King & Queen;  CYRUS GRIFFIN and the Honble. Lady CHRISTIANA, his
Wife of County of Lancaster; Samuel Griffin of County of James City
and JOHN TAYLOE GRIFFIN and MARY his Wife of County of Goochland of
one part and HUDSON MUSE of County of Richmond of other part. Whereas
THOMAS BERTRAND GRIFFIN Gent., late of the County of Lancaster, was in
lhis life time and at the time of his death seized in fee simple of a
certain tract of land in Richmond County by the name of the Forrest
Quarter which he purchased of his Brother, Doctor CORBIN GRIFFIN, and
which was devised to Doctor CORBIN GRIFFIN by his Father, Colo. LEROY
GRIFFIN, deced. by Will and proved and recorded in the County Court of
Richmond."

> Samuel died abt 1797 in Chester Co., SC, md (--?--) Wilmouth.  (Her
> maiden name maybe Owens)  They had a son Ralph Griffin d 13 Sep 1838
> IN.  Ralph md Catherine Munson and I have considerable data on their
> descendants (daughter Charity md Isaac Hedden and descendant Mrs.
> Wilbur Hedden did most of the research on .these families.

Kathleen
The Book Doctor