VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2002

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:45:24 -0700
Growth of the American Republic by Morison and Commager.  I am
currently enjoying the "abbreviated and revised edition" of this work,
called A Concise History of the American Republic, by Morison,
Commager, and Wm. E. Leuchtenburg, also published by Oxford Univ.
Press.  It's fascinating and very readable, and I haven't noticed any
particular bias (I'm on page 248 out of 765+ pages).  My local public
library had a paperback copy.