VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2009

Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 10:42:52 -0700

Diane,
I have the same issue with my Revolutionary War Ancestor. His heirs were applying for his pension as late as the 1850's. I do not believe they were awarded a pension for him. He served as a Seamen, and as a Foot Soldier in the Revolutionary War. His service as a Seamen was recognized, but when he died he had petition for recognition as a soldier at the Battle of Camden SC. He and his brother appeared before the Senate, and his brother was successful. So I am continuing to gather documents about his service.

Anita