VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2010

From:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:28:28 -0500
It is interesting to note the 1910 census index on Heritage Quest does not
appear to even show anyone name "Pearman" in Chesterfield Co., VA (yet I see
two Charles Pearmans there on the 1910 Ancestry.com index).  I guess these
indexes are only as good as the people who created them.

By the way, does anyone know if Heritage Quest has any plans to offer the
censuses for 1830, 1840 and 1850?  Is that currently missing information
simply a "time and money problem," or does Ancestry.com have some kind of
copyright for those three decades?  Thanks.  Bill