VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 23:15:30 -0700
I'll send them mine--but one copy in the library is hardly enough! This is a wonderful book. A lot of history and psychology--and just plain old tidbits about life in the 1700s. And the Hemmingses were a fascinating group. Makes no difference whether you agree that one generation was Jefferson's children because there's a great deal more in the book than that.

I thought it funny that Jefferson borrowed hard cash from his slaves. Sort of like borrowing from your kid's piggy bank--which I have done in my day.

Maybe as people who buy or given a copy finish the read, others can send it.