VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2000

From:
June Jacobs Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
June Jacobs Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:58:55 -0500
Does anyone have any information on these two families?
Nancy Ann (BRIDGES) Jacobs was baptized at Chappawamsic Church in Stafford
Co. VA. She was the 2nd wife of Dr. William Jacobs a physician and minister
born 12/13 Sept 1770.He was probably born in Stafford Co. VA. The Jacobs
lived in Stafford, Pr. Wm. and Fairfax Co's.
Nancy Jacobs died Feb. 1835.....{her will probated 13 April 1835}

Dr. Wm. Jacobs was married to Rebecca (WEEDON) by 1838 as she was listed as
Rebecca Jacobs not Rebecca Weedon on the church membership rolls.I suppose
that it is possible that Weedon was not her maiden name. She could have
been a widow.

If anyone has information on these two families I would love to hear from
you.

Thanks, June