VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2004

Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:25:23 EDT
According to the regimental history of the 30th Battalion Virginia
Sharpshooters, John N. Huffman, Jacob H. Huffman & Thomas H. Huffman were  privates in
Company F, who enlisted on 31 January 1863 at New Castle Craig  County, VA &
who were conscripts. This would seem to indicate that  the three soldiers were
related.

John N. Huffman is my gg grandfather. Known brothers to John N. Huffman are
Caleb Huffman & Lewis R. Huffman. The author of the regimental history seems
to believe that the 3 Huffmans in Company F were brothers. Thomas is a strong
possibility given the fact that the father of John N., Caleb & Lewis R. was
named Thomas. I know that John N's wife was Margaret & Jacob's wife was
Isabella.

Does anyone know how John N. Huffman, Jacob Huffman & Thomas Huffman  were
related? Also does anyone know if Caleb Huffman or Lewis R. Huffman served  in
the Civil War.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mike  Peters