VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2003

From:
Jean Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 19:07:26 -0400
Yes ...sharable (and shareable) are both in my dictionary....:-)
I, too have "tons" of genealogy material...I tend to take a different notebook
with me everytime I visit the Library of Virginia or the Historical Society and
needless to say, I have a lot of duplications!... I am 67 and I often say, "I
will have to live to be about 120 to finish all my projects"...(and that's not
counting the ones I haven't started yet!)
I am hoping our little local museum/research center will want my writings and
pieces of paper ...especially since the majority of my searching is for Virginia
ancestors. Hopefully, my man won't toss everything into the local dump.  (He has
threatened!) One of these days I am going to get organized, if I ever find that
"little round tuit."
Seriously, we all need to contact local historical societies, preservation
organizations and the like...they may have suggestions on what to do with all
our papers.  I hate to burden my kids with storing it...it takes up tooooooo
much room.
I like Frank's  CD burning idea...but....just don't have time right now!
Jean